Thursday, December 18, 2008

Paris, France


As I got off that beautiful 777, I wanted to take a picture of the airplane from the tarmac after coming down the stairs of the aircraft. But I was quickly stopped by security explaining to me that I was not allowed to take pictures of the aircraft. So I respected their wishes...until I got inside the terminal and took a picture from the window.

My first order of business was to find a mass. I have a tremendous devotion of going to mass every day, and I did not want this day to be the first time I missed mass. So off I went in search of Notre Dame. It was a short metro ride from the airport to the Saint Michel stop where Notre Dame is located. At this point, I was elated that I only had one bag with wheels.

After emerging from the metro station, the first sight that I had was of the River Seine. What a beautiful sight! I looked up and there in the not-too-far distance was the plaza of Notre Dame. As I crossed the bridge over the River Seine, I noticed something so very interesting...a glass boat with people having lunch inside...a floating restaurant! I quickly took out my camera and took as many pictures of it as I could, since it was going to quickly disappear below me and the bridge that I was standing on.

No comments: